DIRECTIONS UNDER ORDER 43 RULE 4(2) OF HIGH
COURT (CIVIL PROCEDURE) RULES 2012:
ANNUAL VACATION FOR THE YEAR 2018
The general public is hereby notified that in compliance with the provisions of the High Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2012, The Honourable Chief Judge of Edo State, Hon. Justice E. F. Ikponmwen has directed as follows:
- That the Annual Vacation of the High Court of Justice of Edo State shall commence on Monday 30th day of July, 2018 and shall end on Friday the 22nd day of September, 2018 both days inclusive. Full judicial activities would commence on the 25th day of September, 2018.
- That during the Annual Vacation, there shall be:
One vacation Judge in the State who shall sit in Benin Judicial Division, to entertain only urgent civil, revenue and criminal matters.
- That the matters to be entertained by the Vacation Judge during the period, shall be fresh matters of utmost urgency filed during the Vacation and not connected with matters already pending in the Courts.
- That the Vacation Judge shall be Hon. Justice M.O. Ighodalo of the High Court of Justice.
- That cases pending before the regular Courts may however be heard by the leave of the Honourable Judge in charge of that Court and by the consent of Learned Counsel to the parties.