EDO STATE JUDICIARY
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF REGISTRAR
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
DIRECTIONS UNDER ORDER 43 RULE 4(2) OF HIGH COURT (CIVIL PROCEDURE) RULES 2012: ANNUAL VACATION FOR THE YEAR 2017
The general public is hereby notified that in compliance with the provisions of the High Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2012, the Chief Judge of Edo State, Hon. Justice E.F. Ikponmwen has directed as follows:
- That the Annual Vacation of the High Court of Justice of Edo State shall commence on Monday 24th day of July, 2017 and shall end on Friday the 15th day of September, 2017 both days inclusive. Full judicial activities would commence on the 18th day of September, 2017.
- That during the Annual Vacation, there shall be:
One vacation Judge in the State who shall sit in Benin Judicial Division, to entertain only urgent civil, revenue and criminal matters.
- That the matters to be entertained by the Vacation Judge during the period, shall be fresh matters of utmost urgency filed during the Vacation and not connected with matters already pending in the Courts.
- That the Vacation Judge shall be Hon. Justice A.N. Erhabor of the High Court of Justice.
- That cases pending before the regular Courts may however be heard with the leave of the Hon. Judge in charge of that Court and by the consent of learn Counsel to both parties.
H. I. Enemaku Esq.,